• 28 Replies

Ed Harloe

• His Holiness of the Horizontal Pylon
    • View Profile
SASCA AutoX #5 @ AT&T
« on: March 12, 2009, 10:39:15 AM »
SASCA AutoX #5 for 2009 at AT&T Center
Sunday, June 7th, 2009

SASCA's 5th points autocross of 2009 will be on Sunday June 7th at the AT&T Center. The AT&T Center is located at #1 SBC Center, San Antonio, TX, 78219.

IMPORTANT!!! All Drivers MUST have their Proof of Insurance (POI) on
file BEFORE this event. If your POI is already on file, and it hasn't expired yet, you are good to go. See this topic for full details: www.sasca.org/forum/index.php/topic,2568.0.html

Setup starts at 7:00 AM
Registration opens at 7:30 AM
Late registration begins at 8:30 AM (additional $10)
Registration CLOSES at 9:00 AM
Novice Walkthrough at 9:00 AM
Driver's meeting at 9:30 AM
First Car out at 10:00 AM

Register online at www.axwaresystems.com/axorm
NOTE: NO MEMBER DISCOUNTS FOR WALK UP REGISTRATION!

Overview Map to the site:
www.mindspring.com/~eharloe/sasca/att/ATT_Directions.jpg

Map for entering the AT&T Complex:
www.mindspring.com/~eharloe/sasca/att/ATT_Complex_Directions.jpg
Image of the event lot:
www.mindspring.com/~eharloe/sasca/att/ATT_Template1.jpg

Template for designing courses:
www.mindspring.com/~eharloe/sasca/att/ATT_Template_Grid.jpg
Google hybrid map:
maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=AT%26T%20Center,%20San%20Antonio,%20texas&ie=UTF8&z=16&ll=29.430057,-98.439099&spn=0.011213,0.017402&t=h&om=1
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 11:13:18 AM by Ed Harloe »
Equipment chair, POI guy, getter of contracts,  current "old man of SASCA".
SM2 #6 Blue 99 Miata: Twin-screw@14PSI, BEGi Manifold & Intercooler, ACT clutch/flywheel, 70mm TB, RacingBeat exhaust, Xede ECU, RC 440s, and a few homemade parts.

Gatecrasher

• Spectator
    • View Profile
Re: SASCA AutoX #5 @ AT&T
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 01:26:35 PM »
I missed out on Aprils AutoX!

Looking forward to this one!!!

climb_on

• Cone Resetter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 07:37:50 PM »
that means i have 1 month to finish the ST 91 civic!!!

Current Status= Motor is out and disassembled, and entire suspension is out. To do this week is to clean, and paint suspension parts and press in new bushings. Also need to drop block at machine shop to bore and hone.

long way to go...

Gatecrasher

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 11:45:04 AM »
that means i have 1 month to finish the ST 91 civic!!!

Current Status= Motor is out and disassembled, and entire suspension is out. To do this week is to clean, and paint suspension parts and press in new bushings. Also need to drop block at machine shop to bore and hone.

long way to go...

Get to it!!!
Can't wait to see it out there!

Gatecrasher

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 11:50:57 AM »
At the March AutoX someone left a Small Toolkit in our S2000 tent! I was not able to attend Aprils event...
but if your missing a small toolkit please provide me with a description of the item and I will gladly hand it over to the original owner...

Is there a lost and found in the SASCA trailer?

mihneagabriel

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 01:18:47 PM »
Can I be one of the helpers in the morning to replace my track duty for the day?

wei

• Cone Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 12:56:08 PM »
I need to ease my addiction, so I'm looking for a RWD to co-drive... again.  As usually, I'll pay for your entry fee, your lunch (if you want), and tire warming  ;D  Please either leave a reply here, or pm.

joe1

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 01:37:04 PM »
I need to ease my addiction, so I'm looking for a RWD to co-drive... again.  As usually, I'll pay for your entry fee, your lunch (if you want), and tire warming  ;D  Please either leave a reply here, or pm.

What is wrong with tripod?

CRYPTiC

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 04:38:01 PM »
I've never raced with SASCA before.  Are double entries allowed?  And how would I register for that?

wei

• Cone Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 05:49:36 PM »
I've never raced with SASCA before.  Are double entries allowed?  And how would I register for that?

Double drivers are allowed, just register under the same class will be fine.  If this is your first time at SASCA, then make sure to submit your proof of insurance:
http://www.sasca.org/forum/index.php/topic,2568.0.html

Laura

• Cone Killer
    • AOL Instant Messenger - VTCRX
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 06:03:22 PM »

Double entries are allowed also, though obviously we can only accommodate so many double entered drivers. There may even be times when that number is zero but that shouldn't be a problem for our June events.  Drivers who wish to get twice as many runs (in the same car or two different cars) must be on-site at 7am to help set up the course.  The eventmaster will let you know when you can be excused to prepare your car for the day.  Double entered drivers must also stay after the end of the event to help break down the course and pack the trailer.  They may not leave until the trailer door closes.  These are your two worker assignments to correspond to your two entries.  If you do not show up and help in the morning, you will not be allowed to double enter.  If you do not stay and help after the event, your times may be disqualified and you will not be allowed to double enter in the future. 

Look for a thread seeking early workers shortly before the event and make sure you follow its instructions to sign up.  You should register your first entry on Axware (http://www.axwaresystems.com/axorm) then register your second entry at the event.
Laura C. Tennant
2010 SASCA Secretary
1990 Honda CRX

CRYPTiC

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 06:09:23 PM »
Thanks guys :)

Ricky Crow

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 4092923
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 11:41:40 PM »
This event will be a divisional-style event where we will run one course in the morning and you will have four runs to "nail it."  Then we'll change the course up and run a different course in the afternoon with another 4 runs to "nail it."  The best time from each course will be added together for your final time of the day.  Here is what the courses will look like:

Enjoy!

Ricky
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 11:46:39 PM by Ricky Crow »
- Former (2009-2012) SASCA President
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Oversteer scares the passenger(s),
Understeer scares the driver!

danscanlon

• Master of the Stopwatch
  • 1999 Miata - still stock, w/ worn Falkens...
    • View Profile
    • Racing Ready
    • Email
Re: SASCA AutoX #5 @ AT&T - Co-drive request!
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2009, 04:28:26 PM »
Hey Ricky - hope you're back in town to finally autocross, again!

To all!  I'm finally getting antsy enough to autocross, but am still without a worthwile ride.  So, I'd really like to co-drive someone's Miata.  I did so last fall in Jerry C's '90 Miata & had a blast (& that was on old tires).  Of course, I would pay your entry fee!

Let me know as I'd really like to be in competitor mode, as opposed to blogger mode next Sunday - we'll see you all out there regardless!

Thanks!
RacingReadyDan
Dan Scanlon "...wannabe to real racer!"
RacingReady.com, the Amateur Racer's Info Blog

Increase Vehicle Performance & $ave Money !
Learn more at - ReadyOil.com

Ricky Crow

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 4092923
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2009, 05:24:26 PM »
Yep, back in town.  Just got in town on Thursday night (well, Friday morning, if you want to get technical about it).  Shouldn't be traveling for a while at this point.  I could have let you drive my Miata this next weekend, but I don't own it any more.

As a side note, for everybody that will be getting on-site early in the morning to set up, please look over the map below carefully so that you don't pit in the area where the course runoff is.  We are moving the pit/paddock area to the southeast corner of the parking lot....

Thanks!

Ricky
- Former (2009-2012) SASCA President
Oversteer scares the passenger(s),
Understeer scares the driver!